Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Bang! BANG! B-A-N-G!!!

2005 Pyrolympics in ManilaLet’s face it, fireworks bring out the inner child in all of. They arouse feelings of excitement, awe and even a healthy fear. Well that was my experience this year anyway as I got to LEGALLY experience first hand the use of firework in my own front yard. I have to say that I felt like a little child wandering through the market on December 31st looking at all the fireworks available to buy. I spent just under AUD20 and got so many fireworks that we could use them all up between 11pm and 1am later that night. One’s that go bang, fly into the sky, shoot coloured flares, spin like helicopters and some that go bang even louder. I now know why is illegal in Australia. Despite the awesome fun I had, there were also a few close calls with one’s that had short fuses or flew in the wrong direction. Next year might be a different experience again. Apparently they start using live ammunition when they run out of fireworks in Zamboanga. Hey, did you Australia won the pyro-Olympics here in the Manila just before the New Year?! C’mon Aussie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home