Monday, September 19, 2005

You gotta love this place

Manila Skyline

You really have to love this place. Although the heat, humidity, politics and pollution do get a bit overwhelming at times, the smiling faces and courteous people more than make up for it. I have been in the Philippines for over a week now and am finally beginning to settle down. I've had my share of home sickness, heat rashes, stomach complaints and crazy traffic conditions, but after all that I'm finally starting to get used to life here. I have even been able to negotiate Manila via the MRT (train), Taxi's, Jeepney's, FX's and Tricycle's BY MYSELF! As you tell, I am very proud of this accomplishment. An example of an overloaded Jeepney. Imagine ME in the middle of it all!I have been staying with a friend (Matt Will) who lives in Quezon City for the past week and this afternoon I am heading off to a place called Tanauan in Batangas to stay with a local Filipino family and bond with the local people. I will be there for the next month with occassional trips back to Manila, but being free from the pollution and traffic will be something I won't miss that much. Well, I have to go. My ride to Batangas is about leave.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mama Maria said...

Hi Mike, How's it going? I'm really enjoying your blog. Hopefully we'll be seeing more photos and reading more about your insights on your trip. :-) Take care! Aissa.

12:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home