Thursday, August 31, 2006

World Cup Fever

World Cup fever was everywhere in Indonesia. Maybe it was everywhere else as well, but I certainly noticed it in Bali. It was cool that Australia made it through to the second round too. We should have gone further if it wasn’t for lousy umpiring too… Grrrr… Okay, enough venting. The hype was incredible in Bali. Every single hotel and bar had late night soccer being watched. I wasn’t feeling too great so I didn’t get a lot of the games, but I heard all the stories the next day and watched the highlights. I’m not much of a soccer fan but I got hooked and even bought a couple of soccer tops at the markets in Bali. I got a Harry Kewell one and then when Australia got kicked out I decided to follow France. I’m not entirely sure why, it was just a random pick. Then when they made it to the final I was really happy with my choice. I had even bought a France top with the players name Zidane on the back. Boy, did I regret my choice after the final. France not only lost, Zidane decided to head butt a guy and get a red card. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home