Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Endless Cycle of Poverty (Part 1)

Yes, they're tombstones in the background. These people live in a cemetery.Something that I’ve been intending on blogging about since I arrived in the Philippines in the endless cycle of poverty I see in this place. It’s going to be something that will take me a while to process so I thought I’d just introduce it now. What amazes me is that in a place that promises so much there is so little. On the surface you see huge malls, fancy cars and nice clothes, but hidden away are the squatter villages, littered streets, poor beggars and people’s sense of helplessness and hopelessness. How did it happen? What can we do? What should I do? What is real story behind that person’s pitiful state? Is it really pitiful? Can we put an end to it all? Should we try to put an end to it all? If so, how? Questions, questions and more questions…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home